Fairy Tail Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A non-canon Fairy Tail adventure to take the role of your own character in a social/combat experience!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Herculean/Super Strength Magic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuro

Kuro

Herculean/Super Strength Magic Empty
PostSubject: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Is there a way to make this type of magic innate to him as in he has a firm degree of super strength. Making it a passive or whatever?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:12 pm

I can think of two ways.

1. You could gave buffing magic that buffs your stats to give you that strength

Or

2. We do have stats that do determine strength you could max out the strength to give you that. May take a while but you could do that.

If anything, I would suggest the second option since we do have stats regarding strength. But a magic strictly on super strength. I do not know I won't hurt to give it a shot and attempt to have it approved. That is my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
https://fairytailreborn.forumotion.com
Claire Anderson

Claire Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:13 pm

The way magic works in Fairy Tail environment, I would be inclined to say no. In the entire history of Fairy Tail, I don't think there has ever been a "passive" ability: magic in Fairy Tail is a form of energy, that is consciously manipulated into spells. In other words, all sorts of skills, abilities and whatnot always need to be activated: heck even the cats sprout wings at will via spell, instead of, you know, just being winged cats.

Of course, this is just my opinion, I am not a staffer so it's not like I can "veto" your idea. I just think this setting is not one for Naruto-esque innate abilities is all. Besides, we have a stat system in this forum: you could simply dump lots of stat points into Str and call it a day...
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Hm... there's plenty of people that have "super strength" in Fairy Tail without using magic, I understand. Why I asked in the first place is because my characters magic is made to be very simple yet destructive. He's a good close-quarters fighter with a lot of power so when he strikes it usually has some affect on the target whether gravely hurting them or just causing sheer knockback ability, at least that's what is in my mind right now. Of course he won't have that type of power on substantially stronger foes, but yeah, I wish for his special ability to be that dynamite physical power.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Then I would suggest a buffing magic like high speed only for power. That's my suggestion ^^
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:52 pm

A buffing magic for power, what does high speed entail?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:53 pm

You remember racer? Something like that only for strength.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Racer was more of controlling the flow of perception within a dome of space. Did High Speed give Higher Reflexes as well? I'm asking because I'm wondering what two traits if it has any should be given to being reinforced by "God Arm" Magic or whatever it'll be called.
Back to top Go down
Claire Anderson

Claire Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 pm

I think LeeAnn meant Key of the Starry Heaven Racer, who actually boosts his speed. Heck Earthland's Coco from the same arc can also count as an example with her athletic magic.

Basically, the idea is to use this site's stats system to give your character the fighting style you want. Then, you create a magic that makes him better at that fighting style, with spells that grant him an increase in Str for a limited amount of time (think of how Swords Dance works in Pokemon), spells that give added properties to his physical attacks, and so on.

If you have at least a basic knowledge of 2D fighting videogames, then this guy could be a good example:

Herculean/Super Strength Magic 2nm2lf6

Shen Woo from The King Of Fighters. He is a brawler, and I mean it VERY literally: in a tournament attended by supernatural entities, people who can empower their attacks with fire (think of Natsu), people who can wield psionic energy and people who can launch friggin' kamehamehas, he is a guy whose sole combat experience consists of brawls with drunk people in pubs. How does he keep up? Easy: HE CAN PUNCH PROJECTILES AWAY. He literally has a move that lets him punch back whatever fireball/kamehameha/psionic blast the opponents throw at him. 

This is the kind of thing you should do. Create a brawler whose magic makes him better at brawling, with spells that improve his effectiveness in brawls (boosting his Str, boosting his Def) and spells that make up for the shortcomings of his fighting style, allowing him to punch away ranged magic, giving elemental properties to his punches, etc.

Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:25 pm

I can do that. Thank you. So it should focus on his Strength and Endurance?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes I would resort to that. I hope all this help. Do apologize if it was a little confusing ^^;

Claire made things more clear than I did
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:28 pm

Just want him to be like a beast, if someone gets punched they feel it. If something get punched it breaks, things like that. My profile is almost done, I'll place it up shortly.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:39 pm

Alright take your time ^^ no need to rush perfection
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Last question on Magic, would I be capable of making his magic passive when entering the battle since that's basically how it will be used? If yes then how can I go about this?
Back to top Go down
Claire Anderson

Claire Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Back to passive you are lol.
This whole discussion started from the fact that magic, in this setting, is not something you have active all the time. You need to consciously activate a spell to gain its effects. So no, I really don't think there can be something as a "passive" magic. You want a 50% boost to Str? You make a spell whose effect is "as long as this spell remains active, I gain a 50% boost in Str" and then, when you make a post in a battle, you activate it by paying its activation cost. And then you keep paying its maintainance cost each turn, if you want it to stay active.

Or at least, this is how I have always seen magic work in this environment, and how the rules seem to confirm. Again, as a mere user I cannot tell you what you should or shouldn't do, but well, Lee seemed to agree with me earlier, so...
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Alright then.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:26 pm

Question, for Magics that are used for mainly buffing, it adds onto the already understood potential of a physical technique, correct? What about if it's physical-based, is it too amplified by one's "Strength" Stat?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:29 pm

I do not know if you have read the recent update on Stats

Gin did a good job on breaking them down for you. Strength is just your raw power without the magic if I am correct. The buffs are add ons and soon I will break them down by ranks so it would be easier for everyone to understand. I will keep you updated! Hope this answers your questions.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm asking that because my character is about to have some very VERY extreme stat boosts when it comes to magic. He will literally be akin to Saitama with just his punches alone for most adversaries. Then he gets the buffs and that power is boosted by the activation of "Kuro Punch" and making the style have a specialty in busting through defenses. See my point?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:44 pm

As long as its the buffs activating the boast. The stats are the overall performance. So yes, the buffs would boast the stats for a short period of time (how long you sustain the spell)

You can also claim your stats right here: https://fairytailreborn.forumotion.com/t112-claim-your-stats
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:49 pm

I have claimed the stats. My character has a Strength of "S" (7) + Dexterity of "Exceptional" making him a bonafide close-quarters fighter. Plus the enhancement of his C Rank Buff which gives him a 1.2x increase in his strength stat, and so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Alright, then you are on the right track I would say with what I see ^^

You have the right idea.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:52 pm

How much stronger does the 1.2 increase make him for the buff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herculean/Super Strength Magic   Herculean/Super Strength Magic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Herculean/Super Strength Magic
Page 1 of 1