A non-canon Fairy Tail adventure to take the role of your own character in a social/combat experience!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Issues with ranks and request

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leon Krane

Character sheet
Name: Leon Krane
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Mana:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Issues with ranks and request   Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:07 pm

So I'm not sure who did the math here for missions to rank ratio but pardon my French they are fucked up bad. It takes a E rank Mage to get to D rank which you claim to be just knowing the basics of magic but to get to D rank from E you'd need to accomplish the equivalent of two S rank missions which requires a mage to be able to wipe out an entire village. For an E rank Mage like myself i would need to take 20 D rank missions, the only ones I'm allowed to take, to even gain the basics of magic.... Idk what player you know what's to do 20 D rank missions to even have the "basics" of magic. You should make the progress from E->B rather simple but when it comes to the ranks after that which need exams to get to that's where you need to make it less easy and more of a task. If not your players are just going to leave bc they are going to be stuck at these shitty low ranks for ever. If not changing the system make a way to gain experience through post but at a decent amount per post not anything lower than 100.
Back to top Go down
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Issues with ranks and request   Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:54 am

I understand what you're saying, but I would like to remind you that it would take a long time to get to a rank IF you don't role-play with any other people what so ever. Also, higher ranked mages can take you on higher ranked requests to help get you to a higher rank. Another thing, this system was designed to prevent people from grinding their way through requests.
Back to top Go down
Leon Krane

Character sheet
Name: Leon Krane
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Mana:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Issues with ranks and request   Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:56 am

Still it takes 10,000 to get to just D rank but an additional 5,000 gets you right to C. Why would it be half as easy to get from D->C than it would to get from E->D?
Back to top Go down
Grand Magus

Character sheet
Name:
Alignment:
Mana:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Issues with ranks and request   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:34 am

I really do get this complaint and I actually complained about it myself I dont really need to say much more because the basics have already been said by Leon Krane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues with ranks and request   

Back to top Go down

Issues with ranks and request
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1