A non-canon Fairy Tail adventure to take the role of your own character in a social/combat experience!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Physical Attack Speed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kuro

PostSubject: Physical Attack Speed   Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:37 pm

I think that spells done through the body should use the Agility Stat instead of Spell Speed, they are physical attacks, meaning they don't travel as projectiles, and why would we have said stat in the first place. Hell we can even just make it the Dexterity Stat, since of course it has to do with Close-Quarters fighting.
Back to top Go down
Gin Akiyama

Character sheet
Name: Gin Akiyama
Alignment: Lawful Good
Mana:
800/800  (800/800)

PostSubject: Re: Physical Attack Speed   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:58 am

Agility is more than just a movement speed, although that is a major component of the stat alone. Agility serves as footwork and bodily movements which is where dodging comes into the equation.

Dexterity on the other hand is defined as skill with the hands and tracking. This includes accuracy when using a sword, marksmanship, and as you've listed, close quarters in general.

There's a distinctive difference between running around, dodging, tumbling and whatever example you want to use for agility versus parrying, feinting, and blocking. They both serve radically different purposes for character builds. Combining them both would be giving one stat too much glory and less diversity for the playing field.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: Physical Attack Speed   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:05 am

That's not what I meant. I meant because, usually, if you're using H2H more so than any other stat, doesn't that mean you would have to focus on dexterity, just because someone can move fast doesn't mean they can fight well in H2H. So this means dodging attacks like large radius attacks versus dodging close combat attacks, otherwise there wouldn't be much reason to have dexterity as they would already have the speed to move fast enough to land a hit or dish out damage even if inaccurate or whatever it would be called. So all I'm saying is, why not make close quarters magics "Dexterity"-Based and long ranged magics "Agility"-Based, as you still need the "speed" to move to parry, defend or dodge in close quarters, Agility basically means you have a slower or higher movement speed, and can clear longer distances better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Physical Attack Speed   

Back to top Go down

Physical Attack Speed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1